Four days into 2011 and I'm loving it so far! I always love the new year because I feel like I can have a fresh start. My days are just like any other and my house is still mess..., but I guess it is just a mind trick that we play on ourselves every year and we feel so much better about ourselves for doing what we should have been doing all along :) As long as it works, I'll go with it!
So in case your just tuning in and haven't talked to me in years, here is how I got to where I am today. I graduated from Harrisburg Christian in 2001 and that fall packed up my room and moved (temporarily) to Ohio to attend nursing school at Cedarville University in Ohio. During my sophomore year of college, I met Josh through a friend of mine in the nursing program. From the beginning we clicked. We spent lots of time talking and walking in the cold getting to know each other. We started dating on April 15th (tax day, so it is easy to remember) and were engaged in January of that following year. We both graduated from Cedarville in 2005, we were married on July 2nd, and moved out here to Indianapolis.
Right after high school, I took a job at Harrisburg Hospital on a cardiac floor. I already knew I wanted to be a nurse, but I was 100% sure I wanted to be a NICU nurse (sometimes I wish I would have stuck to it). But my experience there changed my mind and I wanted to be a Cardiac Nurse for life :) There are times I wish I could go back there and work, it was a great place to be! That hospital is now a MAGNET hospital, and there is a reason why! So when I graduated from college, I took a job on a surgical cardiac/peripheral vascular/ thoracic unit. I worked on the floor for 2 years, and then I took a job as a Practice Facilitator (fancy word for assistant manager). I've basically stayed in that position for 3 years now, although it has changed locations and names a few times! 2 years ago, I took the weekend option position and so now I only work Friday and Saturday night... and I get to be home with the kids during the week.
Back to when we got married... We lived in an apartment near the hospital for the first year. Josh took a job at a waste management company as an accountant and we started in on our new life as husband and wife! Almost a year exactly, we moved into our first home in a suburb of Indianapolis. Life was great, but I wanted something more to care for. So we got a puppy... a CRAZY puppy!! Her name is Daisy... and I do love her, but she still drives me crazy. In fact, she was so hyper and energetic that we got a second puppy... Napoleon. He's an awesome dog. Just what she needed! He keeps her company, keeps her entertained and he is very well behaved.
In May of 2008, I became an Aunt for the first time to a special little boy named Rex! I was there when he was born and I feel like he is one of my own. I was so excited to be an Aunt that I got pregnant that August! Haha, just kidding! I was ready for one of my own :) Hannah was born in April of 2009. Easy pregnancy, had a C-section so over all an easy delivery, and a super good baby!! So good, I decided I could have another one right away :) So, when Hannah was 7 months old, I found out I was pregnant again. This pregnancy was different... overall not bad, just different. In Aug of 2010, we had Samuel.
The first pic is Me with Rex the day he was born... the second one is of Josh and Hannah. I don't have any pics of Sam on this computer... but when I upload them to my new computer... I'll show you my little Sammy:)
That's our story in a nutshell... so much I want to tell, so much I left out, but I'm sure eventually I will have opportunities to talk about events in more detail. Now, the past is past... here's to a great future...



Good story! I love it, almost as much as I love you! :-)
ReplyDelete