Thursday, January 20, 2011

So Many Changes

This last week has brought on so many changes in my life.... ALL are good, ALL are progress forward, but each comes with it's own set of growing pains!  Change is hard and sometimes all I want to do is curl up and sleep and let things changed on their own.  I use to give my parents (more specifically my mom) a hard time about not wanting "to change"... but as I get older, I realize how much work it is to make changes in your life.  It is so much easier to just stay complacent where you are and learn to live with it!

All this said, I just want to make clear that there are no MAJOR changes in my life!  All is well, just a lot of little ways things are changing around here!  Last week I decided that the house needs a good "spring cleaning" and of course, I got motivated to clean on Thursday.  When I set it in my mind to really clean, I get detailed and clean EVERYTHING :)  So, over the last week, not only did I vacuum and dust and pick up... I took everything off the shelves to dust, threw away things that we didn't need or want, washed the base boards, walls, cleaned the carpets, couches, kitchen floor and windows.  And I rearranged the furniture downstairs.  Most of it I did after the kiddos went to bed... but the downstairs looks awesome!!  When I told Josh I wanted to rearrange to make more room and just for something different (our furniture was in the same place we put it when we moved in almost 5 years ago) he kept telling me that there was nothing we could do different to make more room... but he still helped me move everything around :) an now he loves it too!!

I have to do laundry today, and it has to be one of the chores I hate the most!  YUCK!  It's just soooooooooo boring and time consuming!  And of course I'm putting it off by blogging :)  Next week, my goal is to clean the entire upstairs.  This may be a little challenging because I'll have to do a lot of the cleaning while the kids are awake, but I'm determined to have my house as clean as possible.  I was joking with Josh last night and told him I can't get pregnant again until this house is finally clean!  After that, I want to focus room by room and paint and redecorate each room, starting with our bedroom.  That room has become clothing storage central, and I need to get rid of everything and clean it out!

I find one of the frustrating things about having an infant is that as soon as you get a schedule down with them, you have to change it again!  When I was only breastfeeding Sam, it took me a long time to get him on a good 3 hour schedule, and then we started on rice cereal.  Actually, this was an easy change... we went to a 4 hour schedule and I was able to get the kids on the same nap schedule... which meant I got to take naps too :)  I just feel like every week Sam's sleeping habits are changing.  He use to take 3 naps a day, but he was not sleeping through the night very well... so a couple of days ago, I decided we needed to try and skip that last late nap.  I feel so bad for him because he seems so tired, but it has really helped him sleep well the first half of the night.

I also decided it was time to break him of being swaddled when he sleeps.  This one has been the most painful, but it was time.  He use to sleep straight through the night until 7:30am when swaddled, but the last couple weeks he has become a little magician and breaks out of it multiple times and won't go back to sleep without being swaddled again.  So, we tried last week to stop swaddling, but by the end of the week we were using it again.  I put it away for good this week and now he is able to put himself to sleep.  At night, he usually makes it until 3 or 4 in the morning, and then I have to get up 2 or 3 times to give him a pacifier.  Yes, don't worry, I let him cry for a while to see if he'll go back to sleep... but I've been able to distinguish the difference between "I'm going back to sleep cry" and a "I'm not going back to sleep until I get my paci" cry :)

Another change with Sam is that I decided the other night that I'm going to start weaning him.  This one is probably the hardest change of all right now, and it makes me sad because I truly love breastfeeding.  But since he turned 4 months, I just haven't been able to keep up with the demand and my milk supply just keeps going down.  This week I've basically dropped to only feeding him 3 times a week and plan to just keep decreasing it.  It will probably be a slow wean, but it still makes me sad know that this time is coming to and end.  Sam is just growing and learning by leaps and bounds and I am losing my baby that was 100% dependent on me.  But as I said at the beginning, change is hard but so worth it and I am so excited to see Hannah and Sam interact and play together more and more everyday!



The most important change is how God has been working in my heart over the last few weeks.  I've been able to stay with my Bible reading which amazes me that I've made it this far!!  And God has opened my eyes to things I need to change in my life and how I can live to serve Him better!!!  I can't wait to see how He is going to use these changes in my life to glorify Him!

So much more I want to write, but Mickey is over and Sam just woke up from a nap!  Have a great weekend!!!!



Blog Signature 2

No comments:

Post a Comment