Yesterday was a pretty uneventful day... with Hannah sick, that meant we watched a lot of Mickey Mouse. I know, my New Years Resolution was to only watch one Mickey a day, and I haven't been able to keep that. Maybe I should rephrase that as, my goal is to get down to one Mickey a day :) It's the funniest thing that the two things that comfort a sick child is Mommy and Mickey! I love it!! Actually, I'm not sure if Hannah is sick or teething. She is acting the same way she did the last time she had a virus (although not as bad) and she was cutting a tooth at that time too. I don't know if it is coincidence or if this is her reaction to her eye teeth coming in. Either way... I spoil her on these days with lots of Mickey, lots of Apple Juice, lots of snacks that she likes (or else she doesn't eat) and lots of loving!
This morning she seems to be doing better. She looks so pale after having rosey cheeks for the last couple of days, and her appetite seems to be coming back. And she is playing with her toys instead of wanting to watch Mickey Mouse. Yep, she's back to getting in trouble too. We have a very strict rule in our house... NO PLAYING IN THE DOG BOWLS! Yet for some reason, she is obsessed with them- especially the water bowls. So this morning, I gave her some gummy snacks because she asked for them and really didn't eat a whole lot for breakfast... and while I was not looking, she went over to the dog bowls and put a couple in the empty water bowl. When I realized she had been quiet for a while, I looked over and she was eating them out of the bowl! Ewwww!!! That is sooooo gross!!!!
She has also been such a cutie pie this morning, playing with her baby doll that Aunt Leanne got her for her birthday. She was walking all over the downstairs saying, "Where baby go?" Usually she says this when looking for Sam, but somehow I figured out she was looking for her baby doll. She took the baby for a walk in her toy stroller, put the baby in Sam's car seat, and then held the baby when I held Sam and copied everything I did with him. She is such a good Mommy to her babies.
Josh and I have been Youth Group Sponsors at College Park Church for 3 1/2 years now. Last night we started a new book study on a book called CRAZY LOVE by Francis Chan. Love, love, love this book! It's just what I need at this point in my life... something easy to read that gives me a fresh, new perspective on the Christian life and challenges me in many ways. We watched the first two videos last night which basically covers the first two chapters of the book. There were so many little things that stuck out to me in the videos... but the thing that really blew my mind today was when he said, "Today could be the day you meet God!" Whoa! Am I really ready to meet God? What would I say? What would I do?
I was trying to think of the most famous person, and I chose Oprah... I think she is pretty famous world wide! Everyone knows who she is. I could google her and find out everything there is to know about her. If I knew I was going to meet her today, I would buy a new outfit, look my best, and prepare in my mind what I would say or talk to her about. After I met her, I would tell everyone how I know Oprah. I met her face to face and she knows my name. But in reality, we would never really know each other in a friendship/savior way. She would forget me probably within a few minutes of meeting me.
But is that the way I want it to be with God? When I come before the Most Holy, Magnificent, Awesome, and Beautiful Creator... what will I do? Kind of reminds me of the song, "I can only imagine." Will I stand in awe? Will I worship? Will I fall down? Will I thank Him for saving my life? Will I not only know about Him but know Him in a personal way? Will I be able to say I love you? I need to prepare!!! I need to spend as much time on this earth getting to know Him and sharing his love with others. I want to live this life with no regrets. I want to die proclaiming the name of Jesus so when I stand before Him Jesus will proclaim before God, "This is Amanda Marie Owens!" (Mt 10:32-33) I want our relationship to be eternal, everlasting!
Today YOU may meet God face to face! What are you going to do differently?

No comments:
Post a Comment