With 2011 just around the corner, I'm starting my New Year's Resolutions early. I work New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, so I need a head start or I won't be able to keep to anything. I've never made New Year's Resolutions before, but this year I feel the need to start fresh. I'm plain tired! Since last December when I got pregnant for the second time, I've had little to no energy. It's not hypothyroidism... I've been tested for that a number of times and everything comes out normal. Oh, how I wish it was. Then I could take a little synthroid and be better, and I could blame that on the inability to lose weight right away after pregnancy :) And it's not post-partum depression. Again, I wish it was... I could take some medication and feel better. I'm not sad, I'm just tired. I need sleep!! I truly think it is the fact that I have two kids, I have only had one night of sleeping eight hours straight through in over a year, and I work night shift on the weekends. By the time Friday roles around, I'm finally back on schedule and feel so good I can't nap... and then I have to stay up all night. Although Josh does a great job with the kids during the day, I get very little sleep on the weekends and need Monday to catch up!
Back to the New Year's Resolutions... I'm making them to give my self some goals for the year. I need some structure and scheduling so I can keep going through the week. I want to make my home a warm and fun and loving and Godly place for my family (I think it already is, but I want to keep it that way). And I want you to know so you can keep me accountable.
So, what are my New Year's Resolutions?? Here they are, not in any particular order... just writing them as I think of them:
- Blog weekly
- Cook 3 meals for my family every week
- Cook 1 meal for someone else every month
- Read 1 fiction book every month
- Read 1 parenting book or non-fiction Christian inspiration book every month
- Read 1 biography this year
- Watch only 1 Mickey Mouse Clubhouse a day... and if you know Hannah, this will be a tough one to stick too :)
- Watch 1 Baby Signing Time or Signing Time with Hannah and Samuel (I need to get back in the habit so Sam can learn Sign Language too)
- Go to bed by 11pm every night...I'm getting old!
- Find a Bible reading program and stick to it... I have it!
- Scrapbook once a week
- Take my multi-vitamins along with Folic Acid, Vitamin D, and Calcium (this one won't start until I can get to the store again)
- Give my Children their vitamins every day
- Join Weight Watchers
- Join MOPS
- Go on a date with Josh at least once a month, just the two of us and no kids... with two little ones, this will be a miracle, but well worth it :)
- Work out twice a week... isn't this on everyone's list? So I had to put it on mine! I had to make it practical!
- Write a letter to someone at least once a month.
- Tithe weekly... and I mean weekly. Between working nights and having a baby and losing my mind :) I always forget to write a check or bring the check book with me. So my tithes will be one big lump sum at the end of the month. I just want to be better about doing it every week!
- Give up games on Facebook :( Sorry Leanne!
See you all NEXT YEAR!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment