Samuel Edward was born in August of 2010... and he is an amazing little baby boy!!!
A couple of months after we had Hannah, we decided that since she was such an easy baby, we should have another one soon! A few things happened that made me think I was pregnant, so I stopped by Meijer after work on a Saturday. The test was negative :( I was bummed... Something must be wrong with me. That following Monday, I decided to take another test and there was a faint 2nd line! I was so excited that I called Josh right away... poor kid couldn't concentrate at work the rest of the day!
We found out we were pregnant a few weeks before Christmas, so we decided to wait and tell our families on Christmas. We did tell Jeremy and Leanne about a week before Christmas, Justin and Ashley a couple days, and I told Allie the day before Christmas. All for different reasons, but I'm glad we told them when we did. On Christmas morning, we Skyped my parents and told them we had a Christmas present that we ordered in November but wouldn't come until August... it took about 10 seconds but they quickly figured out it was another baby!!!
At dinner that night, we shared with Josh's family that we were expecting again, and they were sooooo surprised and excited. Justin and Ashley also surprised them with Christmas cards of an ultrasound, they were pregnant too!!! Wow, 2 grandbabies are a great Christmas gift!!!!
At the beginning, I was convinced that I was going to have another girl. That's just the way it is in my family. The first two kids are always the same sex. However, as time went on, this pregnancy was way different. I had more nausea, I threw up a few times, I had more acid reflux and I grew out instead of wide. Before we had the ultrasound, I knew this was a boy and even started buying boy clothes :) Josh didn't believe me and was convinced it was a girl... and when the ultrasound revealed it was a boy... he was shocked and I think it took a few days for it to soak in!
I was really tired this pregnancy... I think working night shift AND having a baby really took it's toll on me... I think I am still recovering! Thankfully, Hannah is such an easy going and independent little girl that I was able to rest often. She took 2 naps a day until the week Sam was born, and I took two naps with her :)
A second C-section was scheduled for this kiddo! My OB said I could have a VBAC, but strongly recommended that I choose a C-section since my pregnancies were so close together. And honestly, I liked the idea of having this delivery planned and knowing that he would be here by that day. And I am glad I did!!!
Sam was born at 8 lbs 6oz and 22 inches long!! What a big boy!!
And since he was born, all he has done is grow grow grow!! At his 4 month appointment he weighed almost 15lbs and was 26 1/2 inches long which put him in the 95th percentile in height.
He is such an easy going baby. He didn't start sleeping through the night until he was 4 months old, but before that he only got up once during the night. He needs a little bit more attention than what Hannah did at this age, but now that he can play with toys and reach and grab things, I'm seeing him become more and more independent and able to entertain himself. He LOVES Hannah and watches her every move. And he is such a happy baby. He laughs and smiles at you all the time!! And I'm starting to notice how happy he is when he wakes up in the morning or from nap times. He rarely cries anymore... instead I hear him cooing and then I know it is time to get him!!
I look forward to him sitting up and crawling and walking and talking and growing up and playing with Hannah and any other siblings he will have!! He is an amazing little boy already and I look forward to what God has in store for this little man :)

No comments:
Post a Comment