Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Welcome 2011

So far, 2011 has been somewhat uneventful but perfect in so many ways...

Jan 1st- I brought in the new year at work.  It was an extremely quiet weekend.  We were well staffed and everyone seemed to be in a good mood.  Not very many patients in the hospital over the holidays, which gives everyone a nice break.  We needed it because usually we fill back up and our numbers don't drop again til spring break.  I got home around 7ish, and went straight to bed.  Josh did a great job taking care of the kids in the morning, I only had to wake up to feed Sam.  Josh took the kids over to his parents in the morning and was back by nap time... I'd love to say that he went over so his parents could see the kids, but the truth is he went over so he could get his new cell phone :)  We love our EVOs.  I got up around 1pm and never really fell back asleep.  I was back at work at 6pm with only 5 hours of sleep... that makes for a long, tired night!

Jan 2nd- Usually on Sunday mornings, I come home and get changed and help get the kids ready and we all head off to Church for the 8 O'Clock service.  However, we decided not to go that morning.  Josh wasn't feeling good, and we decided to head over to his parents in the morning so Josh could stay with his mom that morning.  Gloria had hip replacement surgery in mid December, and although she is pretty independent by now, I think it makes us all feel better if someone is there just in case she needs us.

I have to take this moment to brag on my wonderful Hubby!  He has been super Dad, super Husband and a super Son.  He takes such great care of the kids while I am at work or sleeping, he keeps the house cleaned up, and he has gone over to his parents at a drop of a hat to help out in anyway he can.  He is always calm and level headed when I get stressed out and he is a great leader for our family.  I love him sooooooo much!!!

Back to the 2nd... Usually, on Sundays I sleep at Chuck and Gloria's.  I think I didn't go to bed until 10:30am that morning, and I have no idea how I stayed up that long!  I slept until  3:30pm and was up to feed Sam and watch the Colts game.  But I was so tired... so I went back to sleep during the 3rd quarter and got up to see the last play of the game.  I'm glad the Colts won, they're going to the playoffs for like the 9th year in a row.  And for the 3rd year in a row, I'm going to miss the playoff game!  Yep, I'll be at work. 

Jan 3rd-  Mondays are the hardest days of all!  I had such great plans to get up and clean.  But I woke up at 2:30am and never fell back to sleep.  I went to Dunkin Donuts to get coffee and breakfast (I'm addicted), came home and got the kids up and fed them breakfast.  After 4 days of having Daddy home, Hannah kept asking me all morning, "Where's Dada?"  "Where Dada go?"  How do you explain to a 1 year old that Daddy is at work?  I let Hannah watch one Mickey Mouse after breakfast and by then I was ready for bed.  So we just hung out that morning in her room and after lunch we all took nice long naps!  So thankful that both of my kids nap well, it makes for a nice rest time for Mommy.  The only thing I did get done that day is that I got our sheets and comforter washed and I made dinner.  Needless to say, Josh and I were in bed by 10pm.

Jan 4th- Josh was home sick :(  Poor kid has been sick with a yucky cold/cough since last week.  Another day of just relaxing and lounging about, taking care of my husband and kids.  At lunch time, I gave Hannah spaghetti O's (which she loves) but she decided to throw a fit and refused to take even one bite.  Josh and I were insistent that she sat there and waited to get up until we were done with lunch.  Normally we don't have this problem because she is a slow eater and we are done before she is, but this time, she didn't want to sit with us.  Later that night she ended up spiking a little fever... poor girl was sick, no wonder she didn't want to eat.  When Hannah is sick, the only thing that makes her feel better is being held by Mommy or Daddy and watching Mickey Mouse.  And sometimes a bath helps too.  So last night before bed when I went to brush her teeth, she asked to take a bath... and I decided to make it fun.  She had her very first bubble bath and loved it.  It was so fun to see her get excited about all the bubbles in her bath!  We hung out in Hannah's room for a little bit before bed time... and Sam finally rolled 100% from his back to his belly!!!  We've been working on this for weeks!  He could never get that arm out from under him!!  Now he can roll both ways... and I'm going to be in BIG trouble once he starts moving :)

Jan 5th-  Hannah slept in until 9:30am this morning... poor little girl woke up with a fever again.  So we've been watching Mickey all morning and drinking apple juice.  Sam is napping and I'm just enjoying time snuggling and caring for my little monkey :)  Our MAC should come today... WooHoo!!!  I'm so excited to start working on little projects I want to do.  And I think Josh is going to stay home with the kids tonight so I can go to The GrOve (our youth group at church) tonight.  See, he's such a great dad!!!  And I can't wait to see my girlies again! 

Hope your 2011 is going as well as mine!!!

Blog Signature 2

1 comment: