Friday, January 7, 2011

My First Little Monkey



It's Friday... I hate Hate HATE leaving my family on the weekends to go to work, but sometimes it is nice to get away and interact with other adults :)  I thought I would take sometime to tell you about my two little monkey's that I love with all my heart, but I only have time to write about one before nap time :)

Hannah Marie was born in April of 2009.  She had us going from the start... The pregnancy was wonderful!  Hardly sick, felt great, was able to sleep whenever I wanted!!  At 18 weeks, we were soooo excited to find out if we were having a boy or a girl.  However, she decided not to show us.  We had a friend who was an ER resident at a local hospital... he did 3 ultrasounds on me and my doctor did 2 ultrasounds for a total of 5... and we never found out until she was born!  About 37 weeks I started experiencing contractions (but didn't realize at that time) and one night when I was up with contractions, my water broke!  12 Days early!!!  It was sooo much fun calling everyone in the middle of the night to tell them we were on our way to the hospital, a fun surprise!  The next little surprise was that I was moving along pretty good, already 4 cm dilated when we got to the hospital... but the baby was now in a breech position, which meant I had to have a C-section.  I was okay with this, I already had it set in my mind that I would end up having a C-section.  When the Dr. pulled her out and said, "IT'S A GIRL"... my response was- "I told you Josh".  I kept telling everyone I thought it was a girl, and I think Josh's family was convinced that I was going to have a boy.  Everyone has boys in his family, why would I be different??

Hannah was born a healthy, crying baby girl weighing in at 6lbs 11oz.  I couldn't believe how tiny she was.  I was almost a 10lb baby, so I assumed my babes would be huge!!!  She was born with Hip Dysplasia... which if anything was to be wrong this is by far the easiest to fix.  She had to be in a harness thingy for 9 full weeks, 24 hours a day... and another 4 weeks just at night.  But at her 18 month follow up appointment, her hip looked wonderful and we were given a clean bill of health!!!

She had to be one of the easiest newborns/babies/toddlers EVER!!!  It's so much fun to watch her grow and learn everyday!!!  She picks up on things so fast, it amazes me.  Except for walking :)  She finally started walking at 17 months... and even now if you breathe on her she falls over!  Her verbal skills are amazing... the doctor said she is way ahead of her age, but I didn't really believe her.  But as I talk to others that have children at Hannah's age, she really is talking much much more other 18 month olds.  She will repeat anything we say, she says 2-4 word sentences, and I know I've heard her trying to sing through the monitor :)  Her voice is so sweet!

She is also extremely polite... and I have no idea how she picked up on this.  She always says Thank You if you give her something or take something she is giving you.  And she is quickly learning to say or sign please if she asks for something.

Hannah is so in love with her baby brother.  She is quick to comfort him and give him is pacifier, she hugs him and kisses him when he is on the floor, and will stand next to him when he is in his bouncy seat and laugh and play with him.  I know they will grow up close to each other... and know doubt he will protect his little, big sister!

At 18 months, Hannah barely weighed 21 lbs (which puts her in the 5%) and was only in the 30% in height.  She is still our little pumpkin!!

I have so much more I would love to brag on Hannah about.  She is independent, happy, giving, loving and simply wonderful.  She makes her Mommy and Daddy extremely proud and happy to have her as our daughter.  I love you Hannah!!!

Blog Signature 2

No comments:

Post a Comment