So when I was pregnant a second time, I assumed I would be having another small baby and as I planned for what clothes size this baby would be in throughout the first year I assumed the baby would be small to average size... boy, did Sam prove me wrong again, being born at 8lbs 6 oz and 22inches long! Okay, really, God proved to me that I cannot be in control or know ahead of time how he will create my children to be :)
Last night, I gave Sam and Hannah a bubble bath together. It was Sam's first time sitting in the big bath tub! As you can see, Hannah and Sam have the same size head and are probably 5-7 lbs difference in weight :) My thought was, "If Hannah is in the 75th percentile for her OFC, then what in the world is Sam?"
So, here's the comparison of the two at their 6 month check-ups:
Hannah Marie Samuel Edward
Weight 13lbs 15.5 oz 17lbs 8.5 oz (50th)
Height 25.5 inches 28 3/4 inches (>95th)
OFC oops... must have lost it 47.1 (>95th)
Haha! Hannah wasn't even as tall as Sam until she was over a year old! Our pediatrician assured us that she doesn't believe that there is anything wrong with Sam, and that he is just a very big boy :) Typically, they would be concerned with a baby with a huge head (fluid on the brain) but his head and height allign with each other. He is sitting up very well for his age and his motor skills are right on track. And he has a very healthy appetite! Oh, and Uncle Pete... he's taking after you. He has a nice little case of eczema!
So, our little Sammy really isn't so little anymore! He's a Huge baby but I think no matter what, he will always be my little baby boy :)


Hard to believe Rex used to be that small! Sam is an inch taller and couple ounces lighter than Rex was! I'm not sure how your Dr measures head, but Rex was 17.5 inches. Yeah for big boys, they'll have lots of fun together before we know it!
ReplyDelete