Our family has been "stuck" in the house because of the winter cold for three weeks, and yet it is absolutely crazy! Believe me, I cherish every minute I get out of the house... just breath the fresh cold air :)
Okay, so we're really not "stuck"... it's just that it has been cold outside and I honestly am enjoying our schedule at home that I really don't feel like shaking things up to just go do something. So, over the last two weeks, I've spent time playing with the kids and cleaning and organizing the house and cooking! On Sundays we all go to church and then to my in-laws for the day (except for this past Sunday because Josh is sick, I'll explain that later) and Josh has watched the kids some evenings so I can get out.
Hannah has been absolutely cute and silly over the last few weeks. Her personality is blooming by leaps and bounds every hour of the day and she brings so much happiness and joy to Josh and I constantly! She just has her own way of making everything so adorable. She is really interested in interacting with our WHOLE family (yes, puppies included) and everyone is her playmate. Tonight, we spent some time playing with her "stickies" and crayons and a blank piece of paper.... she struggles with stickers to get them on the paper, but for some reason she loves them ALOT! I would hold up the sheet of stickers and she would say "This one Mommy", and when I gave it to her she would say "Thank You, Mommy" in her cute little high pitched voice.
One of my favorite times of the day is putting her to bed at night. We have this new routine that Daddy holds her and I hold Sam and we pray as a family. Then she leans toward me and I kiss her cheek, then she leans toward Daddy and he kisses her cheek, then she goes back and forth between us and at the end we kiss her cheeks at the same time... and it makes her giggle! Tonight, I put her to bed after we prayed by myself since Josh is sick, and she had to make sure she had all her blankies. When I laid her down I gave her the pooh bear blankie and the sheep blankie (the one from Williamsburg that Mimi gave her). But something must not have been right, because she sat up and started looking all around. Then she found what she was looking for, her dolly that Grandpa got her at Rootsies... "There it is". Then she looked up at me and waved at me and said, "Bye, bye." This made me laugh, I guess that was her way saying she was ready to go to bed. Laughing as I walked out, I told her I loved her and she said the one thing I will never get tired of hearing, "I love you, Mommy." What a little sweetie!!!
Poor Sam! My little man is sick... thank you Daddy! Josh started getting sick at the end of last week with a dry, hacking cough and by Saturday it turned into a head and chest cold along with a fever. And Josh has had that fever ever since. But he is an amazing Daddy, he watched the kids for two days while I worked and slept. I know it's hard to do when you are sick, but he really stepped it up and spent time playing with them and taking care of them! However, Sam came down with a fever and runny nose today... and we can officially say this is his first "sick" day!
Sam is getting so big and is growing everyday. My 5 1/2 month old is in 9 or 12 month clothes (depending on the brand) right now... I probably should have moved him up a month ago, but I wasn't ready to make the change :) He is eating like a little piggy too :) He gets two to three bottles a day along with breast feeding, and in the morning he gets a full bowl of rice cereal and for lunch and dinner he can eat a fruit and veggie. Yes, I feed him 2 second foods. We just skipped right over the 1st foods, and went straight to 2nds. So, the kid absolutely refuses to eat veggies, but if I mix it with the fruit he will eat all of it! No, I don't always give him both of them at one meal... only if he seems really hungry!
But I'm not surprised that he is so hungry, because he is constantly moving! I don't remember Hannah being this active. He roles all over the place and he is now so fast at it. And yesterday, for the first time, he started sitting up without any support for a few minutes at a time! It's amazing how fast they grow and learn to do things on their own.
So now we are nice and warm in our home while Indiana is getting hit with the biggest ice storm it has seen in years! Forecast is calling for 1-2 inches of ice... I have the bags packed and blankets ready to go in case we lose electricity. That is my biggest fear, that we lose electricity. It is too cold to stay in our house, but how do you get anywhere when everything is covered in ice. And it will not be going anywhere because it is going to be cold for days... so here we are stuck in our home for now!
I hope you are all staying nice and warm!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment