Friday, January 3, 2014

Hannah Marie


This has been a big year for Hannah... or more or less for Josh and I with Hannah!  She is really growing an maturing everyday!  Her little mind is absorbing and taking in the world around her and she learns so quickly!!!

In April she turned 4 years old while we were in Disney World.  I asked her what princess she wanted to dress like for her birthday, and when I showed her the dresses she picked Minnie Mouse.  Over the weeks, the outfit came together nicely... shoes and all!  And because she hardly grows, she was Minnie Mouse for Halloween.  And if we are lucky, we may get another use of it this April...



One of the big decisions we've made is to the homeschool the kids.  So this Fall we started doing a little home schooling with preschool (challenging, because the kids think school is arts & crafts and I am doing all my own lesson planning).  Hannah also started her 2nd year of Cubbies and she started Ballet!  I can tell that Ballet has helped with her coordination (which is something all my kids lack on!).  AWANA has been a huge blessing to our family, and I am amazed by how much the kids retain.  We have met some amazing people and and I am so thankful for the teachers and table leaders that minister to the kids every Wednesday!!!




Hannah loves the color pink, her favorite TV show is either Doc McStuffins or Princess Sofia (I can't tell which one she likes more), and her favorite movie is now Frozen.  I think this is my new Disney favorite as well.

Hannah also has one of the sweetest, caring hearts that I have ever seen in a little girl!  She is always very concerned about those around her... "Are they sad?" "Are they hurting?"  She is very inquisitive and is starting to ask "the hard questions"!!  "How did a baby get in your tummy?" "How did they come out?"  She loves having play dates with other kids... especially other girls.  She always telling me about her little sister, so I think that she longs for another girl to play barbies and baby dolls with!

We continue to work on first time obedience, listening to the teacher and sharing with her brothers.  All things a typical 4 year has issues with!  Because we have decided to homeschool and she does not go to preschool, she struggles at times with organized activities... however, I do feel I have seen an improvement over the last year and a half.

I am challenged as a mom to consistently and lovingly discipline in a biblical way.  I can see her heart softening and she is absorbing so much from Sunday school and AWANA.  My prayer for her over this next year is that she realizes her need for a Savior and that she would grow to love Christ and have an amazing life of faith and obedience in Jesus!

Jeremiah 29:11-13
 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.  You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.


Blog Signature 2










No comments:

Post a Comment